Thursday, August 8, 2013

Week 4 Updates and Revisions

Well school is coming closer and my ARP is almost ready to get underway. I met with my site supervisor and we felt the only change needed was to specify "student work grades" with "student 6 week averages". He just thought it might be a little vague and to clear up any confusion was just to change it. I was completely okay with the change and made me feel a little more confident in what I already had was good.

The process has been very smooth since I have a lot of free time this summer. So creating the ARP was the hardest thing for me. I knew I wanted to do something with interactive notebooks but deciding on what to look at was the hardest part because of variables in the classroom. But with my site supervisor we defined some things a little different which would help me with my data.

So far the progress is going well. Everything is up in the air it seems like at our school so it's hard to really get a firm idea of whats going to happen. Team leader positions are still open and we don't have all the teachers hired yet so it seems like I will be implementing this ARP from a sprint when school starts. But I think it's easy enough for someone else to record the data so whoever I con into helping me shouldn't have any issues.

Anyways 1 more week and it looks very easy. I'm tempted to get it done right now while I still have some motivation before school starts.

4 comments:

  1. Jeremy: I am SO proud of your progress; thus far. The minor change you made was good as being as specific as possible now to make the process easier later will help. I knew you were set on your interactive notebook idea. You were very passionate about it and I know that you will give it your all and produce great results because it is something that affects you personally that you care about implementing for the betterment of your students. I cannot wait to see results! (It does seem easy enough for other teachers as far as recording the data you need so that should not be a problem.)

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremy,
    Wow, it's so scary to think the staffing situation is so up in the air. I think because of that it will be good that your ARP is focused primarily on your classroom. That was you really only need data from other classes. I think you'll really see great results from interactive notebooks. Goid Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interactive notebooks work great in most classes. I use them in my mathematics classes. It provides the students with lots of relevant information that they can use through the year. The reason I like them is because the student has a sense of ownership in their notebooks. When you allow them to decorate and incorporate fold-ables into their notebooks, they take better care of it and utilize more often. Sounds like you have your ARP set and are ready to begin. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll keep the energy going in to the school year! This will be an intersting plan. We do a lot of interactive notebooks in our district but I've never heard of whether it actually helps or not. I teach Adaptive Behavior and our Elementary Supervisor is requiring us to do that with our social skills curriculum. I'm looking forward to that....I'll see soon how the kids feel about that. Keep us posted the results!

    ReplyDelete