Thursday, September 26, 2013

Interactive Notebooks ARP Update

Since the last time I posted about my ARP I have had a few setbacks but also some advances in my research. First of all we were supposed to receive the composition notebooks from the school at the beginning of the year but as it turned out we didn't receive them until just a couple days ago. I have had a chance now to see the students and how they react to taking note on their own accord. The scores were rather low unfortunately but now I have the chance to change that and see the difference it will make with the new notebooks.


I had a while now to prepare some good foldables and ideas to incorporate into the notebook. I now have the support of my team and we will be recording the new data to compare. The end of the 6 weeks is coming up so I will have a base for what to expect from the students from now on. As the year continues I will continue to take data at the end of the 6 weeks and wait to summarize the results at the end of the year. The process was made to be very easy to track and so far it’s working out great. Just got to keep on moving forward with this and make it a routine with the students because for a lot of them this is the first time they are taking quality notes. Since the index is the first thing done the students will now be able to easily find any subject or specific day in their notebooks. This will hopefully help students be able to find the material they need to study easier. This is just one of many things that will be focused on since receiving the notebooks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment