Friday, July 26, 2013

Week 2 Reflection

After this week I have gotten a better understanding on action research. I still have some questions regarding how to interpret some data since there are lots of variables to take into account and I don't think we can clearly say this was or was not the thing that made the change. I'm sure I will gain more information into this in the weeks to come. I also feel like action research is a lot like other teaching practices where we "steal" each others ideas and use that to help progress on our own action research topics. Lastly, I learned that working in a collaborative group of teachers and administrators might be the most effective to solve action research topics. With lots of data the people can work together and branch off later in individual action research topics. Having all that data is very important to help create a better teaching environment.

5 comments:

  1. What are you considering for your ARP?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to steal other people's ideas! The collaborative support in the education community is awesome. If you see that something is working well, why reinvent the wheel? So what are you going to do for your action research project?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How does interactive notebooks affects students using them vs not using them. The collection of data is the tricky part since some things are based in lots of factors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO true, Tallon! I also love to steal/piggy bank off of other people's ideas and tweak them to suit my style of teaching and/or make them better...HE HE! Working in a collaborative group of teachers and administrators is just the support we need through our journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree with you collaboration is so important. I felt that was the most important part of our lesson this week. It takes a team to move that school forward.

    ReplyDelete